Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Official Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
~Hello ! You have Overall 0 posts!~
~Looking for moderator! Interested? CLICK HERE~
~Don't Forget to visit the Portal for more HD NSUNS2 Videos!~
~NEW EXCITING FEATURES ON NOVEMBER 19, 2010, FIRST MONTH OF NSUNS2~
~The Ninja War: First Wave is the first tournament of NSUNS2 Forum! For more info, visit TOURNAMENTS' SECTION now.~
Latest topics
» Kooketsu's Vidz!
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 7:02 pm by Katsu

» Character Discussion - Naruto
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:32 pm by Sandman

» Manga Discussion
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:30 pm by Sandman

» Kooketsu's Livestream
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:45 pm by Sandman

» FORUM CONTEST!
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 3:26 pm by Shippuden

» Upcoming Features Revealed (Nov.19, 2010)
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am by Shippuden

» Combo's into Ougi's
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 pm by Hallabaloo4

» NSUNS2 - Tier List
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:03 pm by Hallabaloo4

» Livestream and videos
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm by zelgias

» Character Discussion- Minato
NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:02 pm by Sandman

Share | 

NSUNS2 Clauses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Katsu
Katsu
Ninja Councilor

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 53
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-19
<b>Location</b> Location : Raleigh NC
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 5030
<b>SP</b> SP : 0

NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 _
PostSubject: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Us at Kooketsu have extensively been playing NSUNS2 for a few weeks now. We've discovered a lot of things that are considered 'cheap' and 'unfair', as well as things that help/hurt characters (as displayed by the tier list). I think we can come to a coherent ruleset to be used in tournaments--at least until a better ruleset comes along. I've come up with Clauses for the ruleset, like what the Pokemon competitive battlers follow by:

Broke Tier Clause - 'Broke Tier' characters are banned from tournament play. This Includes (as of 11/10/10): Itachi Uchiha
'X' in the back Clause - You cannot Ougi/Jutsu/Grab an opponent after you KnJ an attack, ONLY when you end up behind them. If you KnJ and don't end up behind them, it's ok.
Assist Clause - You cannot pick an Attack Type Assist when you have two assists chosen, they have to be either Balanced or Guard Type. However, if you have only one assist, it's ok for it to be attack type.
Ougi Clause - You cannot Ougi an opponent (Ultimate Jutsu) on Wakeup, or after you Chakra Dash. Wakeup meaning when the opponent gets up after being knocked down. Team Ougis are especially warranted by this clause.

As you see, the rules aren't as threatening and 'BAN BAN BAN'. It's a lot simpler to follow and a bit easier to understand. If us mods/tourney leaders/gfx/admins can get input on this, it'll be very much appreciated.

EDIT: I'd like for these rules to be the Standard of the Forum if possible, it'll help this community grow in the long run if we do this I believe.

-Katsu
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 87
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-16
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 5068

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:27 am

maybe we should just restrict team play in tournaments a bit more often and use singles, which are easier for tier data and character results anyways,

Back to top Go down
Sandman
Sandman
Ninja Councilor

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 45
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-24
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 5004

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:03 am

Hallabaloo4 wrote:
maybe we should just restrict team play in tournaments a bit more often and use singles, which are easier for tier data and character results anyways,

Well honestly what we would normally do would be to hold both a singles and a team tournament, you know, a number of people enter the single side, a number of people enter the team based side, that way everyone is happy
Back to top Go down
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:22 am

that would cause tournaments to be extremely small and limited, we are already splitting between xbox and ps3 D:

Last edited by Hallabaloo4 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sandman
Sandman
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:25 am

It isn't limiting... only giving people a choice between teams and single, instead of just automatically forcing the tournies into single. We want to get our forums out there right? We gotta make sure we do something for everybody (personally I prefer team battles anyway)

Edit: Anyways I need to go to bed... friggin' college not allowing veteran's day to be a day off...
Back to top Go down
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

maybe each time we do a tournament switch in between, because having team it does split people up, if we have 20 people sign-up and we offer a team and a single one, and 6 go to teams cuz they prefer that one, and 14 go to single cuz they prefer that, its a huge difference in sizes ;s

i guess it all depends on the amount of sign-ups, reminder, sign-ups in the tournament section are up now.
Back to top Go down
Sandman
Sandman
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:17 pm

How about this, we hold both a single and team based tournament, like make the first round teams and the second round singles?
Back to top Go down
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:35 pm

that sounds pretty weird and unique ;P definitely run it by shippuuden, i may be a tourney leader but he decides on that stuff
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 50
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-17
<b>Location</b> Location : Convington, Washington
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 5018

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 am

Oh my brain hurts after reading all of this...

I don't really want to make an opinion on all of this since HIHI xbox360 dooder right here. I have yet to fight anyone that I lagitimately like to play and anytime I every play a person with say over 1000 rank they usually KnJ into an Ougi OR use Deidara and spam to high hevens OR they are like alot of players that use Naruto or Sage Naruto and just KnJ into Rasengan or Rasengan Barrage and all the do is just stand there.

So I don't quite have an oppinion on Banning stuff atleast when it comes to KnJ Cancelling I will need a better definition and maybe a video on what you guys concider KnJ canceling because I have herd different things and it is confuseing me...

and uh... this may just be because I am a xbox360 dude but uh... Turbo Controller?
Back to top Go down
Certified
Certified
GFX Shinobi

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 55
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-25
<b>Location</b> Location : In a box, hoping it doesn't get repossed.
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 5008
<b>SP</b> SP : -5

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Okay finally done reading the thread...

Uhm.. so I've actually agreed with Halla on more than one account. The fact that both sides can KnJ from pretty much everything in battle, you have to be extremely careful about your choices. That being said, turtling isn't an option as no one would get anything done. What keeps this game on a even front is that you have to be quick, have sharp wit, and have great reflexes. Perceiving your enemies attacks and correctly defending against them offers that person a chance at victory; case in point with Itachi's Susano'o - I fought an awakened Itachi and still managed to win despite how little my life, their extreme persistence, and my refusal to awaken. There are certain aspects in the game that are frustrating to defend against and most people are quick to peg it as "unfair" when that aspect surfaces multiple times, but the fact is, it's unfair to you because you have thought of a way to fight it.

I do understand that KnJ canceling as somewhat unfair (I'm using Halla's new definition), a perfect example being Sage Naruto. It's cute to see a person wait and defend against your attack to attack afterward, but seeing their only strategy being KnJ into Rasengan barrage - a jutsu that's extremely difficult to avoid when it's right there - is purely annoying and frustrating and I'll be honest and say, I've not yet found a proper way to defend against it. I'll understand if it banned.. >_>

One last thing.. does anyone else find awakenings a tad unfair..? I, myself, don't like to use them at all unless my opponent and I mutually agree to awaken at the same time for an excellent finish, but otherwise I see it as a desperation move that's unneeded, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Sandman
Sandman
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Wait a minute... so you agreed that you can fight against Itachi's awakening... yet then you say awakenings are unfair?

:l

I keep saying over and over its not just his awakening though... I dunno I can't explain it... there are things about him. Kooketsu needs this new capture card asap so we can start posting vids for you gais, and get this site known (-.^)b

Btw, i've killed Itachi in his awakening several times... but if the player knows how to fight against you, Susano is garanteed to win. They can block and KnJ too y'know. Amateratsu into unblockable chakra dash too good imo Mad
Back to top Go down
Certified
Certified
GFX Shinobi

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Sandman wrote:
Wait a minute... so you agreed that you can fight against Itachi's awakening... yet then you say awakenings are unfair?
I said somewhat unfair. I can fight against awakenings perfectly fine, but changing tactics in the middle of a fight suddenly, even if it is briefly, is simply troublesome. I've only lost about three times total because of an awakening - keep in mind I don't play online very often these days, so it's not like I'm bragging. I've probably only done about 100 matches, not ranked of course.

Anyway, I'm finding difficult what's difficult about Itachi that you simply must peg him as broken if it's not just his awakening. Hmm.. is it the mid-air fireballs? His tilt strike? His combos? I'm curious now, because they're all pretty simple to combat.

...Maybe his ougi..?
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 11:58 pm

You can't explain it Sandman? Really? After fighting as and fighting against Itachi you really can't explain it? This worry's me sir.

I agree certified, I wish to know also. I want to know why he just can't SEEM TO EXPLAIN IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sandman
Sandman
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 pm

It can't quite be put into words... it was difficult explaining why certain things were cheap to Hallabaloo, so I had to demonstrate... so this is even more difficult to explain. Like I said, Kooketsu will make a video like "Hay... thats kinda cheap..."

I totally ripped off the title.
Back to top Go down
Certified
Certified
GFX Shinobi

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

If your explanation can't be put into words, I'm getting the feeling that this is more of a personal problem as opposed to a problem with the character design. Because honestly, if you have to show us videos to tell us what's up, rather than tell us vague gimmicks he can do and then later explaining it in the video, then there's no actual problem is there?
Back to top Go down
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:23 pm

and honestly he showed me what he meant and i STILL didn't see itachi as broken ;<

other things i saw clearly could be bannable though
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Oh? And what were those Halla?
Back to top Go down
Certified
Certified
GFX Shinobi

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Oh so you guys played each other. I'm curious as well, about whether or not Itachi is broken. Because the only Itachi I've seen online was in a team match and it wasn't too impressive. He remained in guard while his support did the work (Deidara and Pein) and he would occasionally throw a fireball out. I tried my damnedest, but to no avail - it was close however and I did force him into using Susano'o. I've yet to see a single player Itachi, and now I'm curious..
Back to top Go down
Hallabaloo4
Hallabaloo4
Ninja Councilor

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 pm

they were expressed in one of my previous posts hella
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:48 am

Why.... why do you make me work so hard Halla, can't you just.... summerise? Is that too hard...
Back to top Go down
zelgias
zelgias
GFX Shinobi

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 32
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-28
<b>Location</b> Location : EAST COAST = BEAST COAST
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 4989

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 am

Hella-Bright wrote:
Why.... why do you make me work so hard Halla, can't you just.... summerise? Is that too hard...

copy paste into quote is also a nice way to remind people
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 am

I agree Gandalf the Young and I'm pretty sure asian from what I can see from the picture
Back to top Go down
zelgias
zelgias
GFX Shinobi

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 32
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2010-10-28
<b>Location</b> Location : EAST COAST = BEAST COAST
<b>Ryo</b> Ryo : 4989

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:37 am

LOL im not asian i dont even know that kid i just found it and typed the words in cause it fit

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hella-Bright
Hella-Bright
Tournament Leader [360]

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 am

....Sure... xD

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSUNS2 Clauses   NSUNS2 Clauses - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSUNS2 Clauses

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 :: NSUNS2 Main :: Discussion Board-
Jump to: